Articles on this Page
- 03/30/14--14:26: _The Rohatyn Group
- 03/30/14--17:50: _Route 1 Investments
- 03/31/14--17:09: _Recon Capital Partners
- 04/03/14--03:00: _Hedge Fund Operations
- 03/31/14--19:03: _Management Company ...
- 03/31/14--19:13: _Director of Technol...
- 04/02/14--03:00: _Associate / VP - Po...
- 04/04/14--11:50: _Great Bay Energy
- 04/07/14--06:59: _Sharp Mountain Advi...
- 04/07/14--18:33: _Bulldog Investors
- 04/08/14--16:26: _Gluskin Sheff
- 01/21/14--12:15: _Associate - Origina...
- 05/01/14--12:27: _RFP Supervisor
- 05/15/14--13:52: _Private Equity Analyst
- 05/15/14--15:35: _Vice President - Bu...
- 05/29/14--11:26: _JAT Capital Management
- 06/24/14--16:55: _Chicago Fundamental...
- 06/25/14--08:58: _Senior Analyst - Ne...
- 06/25/14--09:36: _PCS Research Services
- 07/02/14--03:00: _Asian Equity Analys...
- 03/30/14--14:26: The Rohatyn Group
- 03/30/14--17:50: Route 1 Investments
- 03/31/14--17:09: Recon Capital Partners
- 04/03/14--03:00: Hedge Fund Operations
- 03/31/14--19:03: Management Company Accountant
- 03/31/14--19:13: Director of Technology Infrastructure / Developer
- 04/02/14--03:00: Associate / VP - Portfolio Management/Client Services
- 04/04/14--11:50: Great Bay Energy
- 04/07/14--06:59: Sharp Mountain Advisors, CTA
- 04/07/14--18:33: Bulldog Investors
- 04/08/14--16:26: Gluskin Sheff
- 01/21/14--12:15: Associate - Originations
- 05/01/14--12:27: RFP Supervisor
- 05/15/14--13:52: Private Equity Analyst
- 05/15/14--15:35: Vice President - Business Development
- 05/29/14--11:26: JAT Capital Management
- 06/24/14--16:55: Chicago Fundamental Investment Partners
- 06/25/14--08:58: Senior Analyst - New York, NY
- 06/25/14--09:36: PCS Research Services
- 07/02/14--03:00: Asian Equity Analyst - NYC
TRG Management LP (The Rohatyn Group) is a leading, specializedfirm focused exclusively on investing in emerging markets.
San Francisco based hedge fund founded by 4 partners from; value focused but will look at other parts of the capital structure if opportunities arise.
Recon Capital Partners, LLC is a registered investment adviser headquartered in New York. We strive to distinguish ourselves from other investment managers by enhancing portfolio diversification and returns while limiting correlation to the equity and fixed income markets. Recon Capital Partners specializes in executing innovative strategies that focus on consistent returns, low volatility, and capital preservation.
We seek to minimize volatility through our diligent research. Investing is a long-term, value-oriented endeavor, which requires discipline. Portfolios without risk mitigation have unlimited upside potential but come with substantial downside risk.
Hedge Fund Operations
Multi-Billion Family Office
Temp to Perm located in midtown NYC
$50.00 - $75.00 Per Hour – Temp – to - Perm
-4-10 years hedge fund operations - hedge fund focused on distressed securities, equities, options, bank debt, high-yield bonds
- Advent Geneva product experience required
- Cash and position reconciliations, foreign currency hedging, liquidity / collateral management, wire processing, trade confirmation and settlement,
- Develop and maintain relationships with prime brokers and custodians, corporate actions requests and settlement issues including locates for international settlements
- Produce reporting models to assess counterparty risk
Corp Controller 12+ years experience required
CPA / Prior Public Audit / Financial Services Experience
Current / prior experience as a Corporate Controller with a large funds, leveraged investments firm or large credit hedge fund
Position reports to CFO
Responsible for operational planning and management of , accounting and operational functions
Manage monthly and quarterly financial statements in accordance with GAAP
Director of Technology Infrastructure / Developer for a growingand outsourced CIO advisory boutique (Position reports to Chief Risk Officer)
- Software developer with database administration and systems administration
- Build, monitor and maintain Linux server infrastructure
- Build, monitor and maintain Oracle data warehouse infrastructure
- Build and maintain Market Data modules to load data from Reuters and Bloomberg to data warehouse on a daily basis
- Write database layer modules to connect existing applications to data warehouse
- Day to day management of a select group of clients made up of Pension funds, Endowments, Trusts, HNW
- Review portfolios, and strategise with investment team on new investment solutions
- Ideal candidate understands financial analyses and has front-end high touch client interaction serving a product specialist and client services professional
- Participate in client meetings as part of a team or individually
- Communicate directly with clients regarding sensitive topics and to address market events
- Review monthly client reports and flash reports before release
- Coordinate responses to data request for clients’ authorized third parties i.e. attorneys, accountants, auditors
Investment Product knowledge:
Alternative Asset Classes
Fundamental Long/Short Commodities
Hedge fundwholesale electricity in the Eastern US from the Carribean.
Sharp Mountain Advisors LLC is registered Commodity Trade Advisor (CTA) that is registered with the NFA and CFTC. The firm is based in South florida and trades in commodities markets thru managed futures.
Hedge Fund known for its value-driven investment strategy, its activist investment campaigns and its focus on closed-end mutual funds
Long short equity hedge fund with $6 billion assets under management
• The Firm is a leading special situation, credit-focused investment advisor with over $1 billion of invested and committed capital.
• It offers three distinct investment strategies: (i) direct lending, (ii) liquid credit and (iii) cash management.
• The direct lending strategy provides short-term (two to four year tenor), senior secured credit facilities to lower middle-market companies with enterprise values ranging from $30 million to $500 million.
• Transaction sizes range from $10 million to $55 million with proceeds typically used for growth initiatives, to bridge to a liquidity event, to finance an acquisition, to refinance existing debt, for project financing and for pre- and post-bankruptcy financings.
Our client, a global financial services firm is seeking a Request for Proposal (RFP) Supervisor to join their team. The RFP Supervisor will join a highly collaborative team and rapidly growing team responsible for supporting business development efforts by creating and maintaining content for marketing collateral, RFPs and databases. The ideal candidate must have prior experience overseeing, editing and completing RFPs, request for information (“RFI”), and client due diligence questionnaires (“DDQ”) to cultivate new business opportunities and meet client service requirements. This role requires heavy interaction with sales, client service, investment, compliance, and operations groups in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
Our client is involved in the development, ownership and operation of power assets in Latin America. Due to expansion they are looking for a Miami based analyst to assist in business development and then. This position is based in Miami, FL.
About the Job:
Perform company and industry analysis,
Participate in due diligence and all other deal related activities
Interact directly with the senior management, directors and owners/shareholders of potential acquisitions and portfolio companies and be fully involved in all stages of deals
Substantial travel to the region is required
At least 2 years of relevant experience in M&A and investment banking or at an infrastructure fund
Registered Investment Advisor is seeking a VP - Business Development to build its client base. The partners of the firm have an average of over 20 years' experience inand risk management with an established network in finance. They are seeking someone with a Rolodex of high-level contacts at insurance companies, banks, pension funds, hedge funds, family offices, foundations, endowments and HNW individuals. They are not looking for someone to simply cold call key decision makers. Rather, the partners are searching for a candidate who has established relationships with these decision makers and can put the partners in front of these people, enabling them to expand their business.
* Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
JAT Capital Management, L.P. is an employee owned hedge fund sponsor. The firm primarily provides its services to pooled investment vehicles. It invests in public equity markets across the globe. The firm employs fundamental analysis with bottom up approach to make its portfolios. It obtains external research to complement its in-house research. JAT Capital Management, L.P. was founded in July, 2007 and is based in New York City with an additional office in Greenwich, Connecticut.
Credit opportunities and alternative asset manager.
Please Email Justin@WallstreetOasis.com
Description of Company & Position
Since 1994, The Institutional Research Group (IRG) has been the preeminent independent research provider focused on spin-offs, special situations, and event-driven equities. We are seeking a Co-Director of Research to author and oversee the team responsible for publication of The Spin-Off Report, which is produced in collaboration with Murray Stahl at Horizon Kinetics. Our client base includes many of the largest, most well-regarded hedge funds and mutual funds across the U.S. and Europe. Clients of IRG employ a wide-range of investment strategies including long only, equity long/short, credit long/short, special situations, and event-driven.
PCS Research Services, originally formed as Institutional Research Services, was founded in 1982 by Randy Hill with the idea of becoming the leading marketer of independent research on Wall Street. Prior to starting PCS Research Services, Randy Hill sold the Quality of Earnings Report to institutions from 1973 to 1982. Randy began his career at Lynch, Jones, & Ryan where he launched I/B/E/S to the institutional community.
In 1982, the vast majority of Wall Street research was generated by analysts at major . In the days before “chinese walls” were set up, this lead to inherent conflicts of interest. There always has been and always will be a strong motivation for these banks to produce favorable research reports to support their investment banking clients.
Asian Equity Analyst - NYC
Please email: Justin@wallstreetoasis.com
Conduct research on small cap Asian equities
Publication of specific investment recommendations
Build and update financial and valuation models
Synthesize and assess financial, industry data
Conduct primary research through industry sources
Communicate investment idea to institutional client base
Bachelor’s degree required, MBA/
5 years+ Asian experience